Initiating a smooth transition from high school to college for first-year college students
The Office of First Year Experience (FYE) and College Honors encourages you to develop friendships with your peers and to establish mentoring relationships with faculty and staff as a support system. As a new student, you are part of the FYE program—a program designed to assist your transition to college life.
BCCC provides a comprehensive experience through the FYE program, such as:
- Helping new students make the transition from high school to college.
- Enhancing academic, personal and social development.
- Choosing the right major and graduating on time.
- Tailoring front-end resources to ensure student success.
As an FYE student you will experience:
- A unique FYE social at specific times during the semester where you Converse, Ask, Laugh, & Mingle (C.A.L.M.) with faculty, staff, and your fellow peers.
- Personal/Academic Counseling and Mentoring.
- One-on-one personal attention from Advisors as well as group advisement.
- Unique guidance and activities specifically designed for first-year students.